This is quick start guide for Smart Attachments for Jira Cloud. If you use Smart Attachments for Jira Server or Data Center, please see this documentation.
The Smart Attachments app for Jira Cloud lets you tag documents with labels and use them for better file searchability in Jira issues. Now you can instantly find the required document in a blink of an eye.
Take advantage of the following capabilities:
- label documents with one or multiple labels
- filter assets against specific labels
- group files by some label and view files at once
- find the labeled document among others
Managing Labels of Attachments
The Smart Attachments for Jira Cloud app allows you to manage labels for attachments within issues, as follows:
- tag attachments with labels
- remove labels from attachments
- filter attachments by label
- group attachments by label
Tagging attachments with labels
- Open the issue with attachments you want to tag with labels.
- On the issue sidebar, click Open Smart Attachments.
- Hover over the attachment and click the icon.
- Start entering the label and select from the prompted matches.
- If the label you enter does not exist, the app will prompt you to create a new label.
You add up to 5 labels to one attachment or document.
Removing labels from attachments
- Open the issue with attachments which you want to remove labels from.
- Hover over the attachment and click the
- Delete one or multiple labels.
Filtering attachments by label
- Above the list with attachments, locate the View labels box.
- Select one or multiple labels to view attachments that has any of the selected labels.
- The app will automatically filter attachments by label.
You can also click a specific label on the list with attachment to start filtration of attachments by label.
Grouping attachments by label
You can group attachments by labels (like by categories). The app saves the grouping option per project.
- Open the issue.
- Click the icon.
- Select Group by label. The app will group attachments by labels, as follows: