Need help with Atlassian products? Order the professional consulting services from us. Get a free consultation right now!
Here you can find answers to the frequently asked questions.
Why cannot I delete attachments or attachment revisions?
You may not be able to delete attachments in the following situations:
- the issue is closed and due to your workflow no modifications can be made with it since then;
- you do not have a permission to delete all attachments in the project.
Why cannot I delete the document with revisions?
You are not able to delete the document that contains revisions loaded by other users if you do not have a permission to delete all attachments in the project.
What will happen to attached files upon uninstallation of the add-on?
They will remain in JIRA issues as standard attachments.
What will happen to attached files upon removal of the category?
They will be stored in JIRA issues as uncategorized.
What is the purpose of using categories?
The add-on provides a convenient way of showing attachments grouped by categories in JIRA.
For example, categories will be useful:
- for software development you can create categories for storing logs, screenshots, SRS and FD documents;
- for helpdesk system you can create categories for storing claims, completed forms, complaints, contracts and so on;
The add-on allows you find its applicability to any sphere of your activity.
Is the add-on compatible with other attachment add-ons?
Yes, the add-on supports work with other attachment add-ons.
What JIRA versions are supported by the add-on?
The add-on supports JIRA 6.0-6.4.
Recovery of JIRA backup fails on Oracle database with Smart Attachments installed
This is a known issue for Smart Attachments add-on when using it along with Oracle database.
As a temporary workaround, please do the following:
- Open the backup archive.
- Locate the activeobjects.xml file.
- Open this file and locate the THREAD_ID field of the AO_D4B4E5_FV_COMMENT table.
- Change from autoIncrement="true" to autoIncrement="false".
- Save the archive with modifications.
- Perform the JIRA recovery from the updated backup.
How to disable comment threads?
Please ensure that you are using Smart Attachments 1.16.7 or newer versions before disabling this component.
- On the JIRA menu, click the cogwheel icon.
- Select Add-ons, then select Manage add-ons.
- On the list with installed add-on, locate Smart Attachments and expand its section.
- Locate the link with enabled modules and click it.
- On the list with modules, locate the FileViewer Integration Resource(fileviewer-integration-resource) module.
- Hover over it and click Disable.