When you use JIRA as a customer processing centre you may find the work with attachments frustrating and very boring. All the time you need to locate the appropriate file on the list with other attachments and download it. It becomes quite irritating when each issue contains dozens of attachments, so you quickly realize what a real nightmare looks like.
Smart Attachments is a JIRA add-on, which allows you to conveniently distribute attachments for each issue among the pre-defined categories. Now you can easily store documents and files in the appropriate category and get quick access to them in a blink of an eye without long browsing the native JIRA's list with attachments.
Try the key benefits of Smart Attachments against standard JIRA functionality:
- directly edit Word documents, Excel workbooks, PowerPoint presentations and Visio drawings in MS Office
- upload files to JIRA through dragging them to the appropriate category
- restrict access to attachment categories for users, user groups or project roles
- perform bulk operations on attached files (download, remove, archive, move a batch of attachments to another category)
- put attachments to separate categories within the issue
- distribute attachments across categories through drag and drop
- rename attached files on the fly
- download the archive with attachments of the appropriate category
- send attachments from JIRA to emails of your colleagues and partners
- search for issues with attachments via JQL queries
- set the appropriate dimensions for image thumbnails
Watch the add-on in action: