We collect the e-mail addresses and names of those who sign in to forums with their Facebook social account or through Google Sign-in. Additionally, Customer Case hashes the entered passwords and stores their hashes in the database. This data is volunteered by the consumer during signup to the forum. The information we collect is used to identify users and their ideas added on different forums. This data is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services the consumers have requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
Information Gathering and Usage
- When you sign in to Customer Case we ask for your account details on social networks such as your email address, which is used for fetching user's name and unique identifier on social network (Facebook or Google+).
- When you sign up to Customer Case we ask you for email address, your full name and desired password for your account in Customer Case. This information is further used for user identification on the feedback forums and mapping ideas to a specific user.
- The system also collects data about all ideas, votes and comments added by users. This data can be viewed by all users on feedback forums of one vendor .
- The system collects email address and information about ideas that users selected for watching. Each user can view his/her own email address and idea watches in the user's profile. This information is not exposed anyhow to other users or third parties.
- Customer Case uses collected information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, services improvement, and notification delivery.
- Customer Case stores only the Summary of ideas and tickets in the application database. The rest of information is stored in your JIRA Cloud instance. This information (Summary) is used for indexation and quick search.
Customer Case stores hashes of user passwords in the database. We use the adaptive function that increases the iteration count therefore it remains resistant to brute-force search attacks even when using the powerful computing systems.
- A cookie is a small piece of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- Cookies are required to use the Customer Case service.
Customer Case uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run Customer Case. Although StiltSoft company owns the code, databases, and all rights to the Customer Case platform, you retain all rights to your data (account information and added ideas).
We use the following services:
- Postmark - this service is used for sending emails with notifications of mail boxes of visitors and users of feedback forums.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) - this service is used to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the add-on and store all the related data. Although StiltSoft company owns the code, databases, and all rights to the Customer Case add-on, you retain all rights to your data. StitlSoft company has access to data storages but can only use it in the emergency cases, such as data verification after the abrupt system failures or component malfunctions. In the rest of situations, StiltSoft company preserves this data encrypted so no third party or malefactor can access it and use it for their own purposes.
Email address processing
Fetching email address
Customer Case uses the email address as a base for creating a user account and mapping requests / comments to the specific user.
Customer Case can get your email address in the following situations:
- during account creation (when you create an account or choose login with a social or Jira account). Customer Case fetches your email address and use it for account creation.
- during forum creation (when the administrator selects a Jira project for using as a base for the forum). Customer Case fetches email addresses of users who are Reporters of issues in the selected Jira project.
- during processing incoming emails sent to the forum mailbox. Customer Case uses the email addresses from the incoming emails for creating requests / comments in Customer Case and their further adding into Jira (as new issues / comments).
If the email address fetched from the incoming email is already mapped to the user account, Customer Case does not execute additional operations on it.
Using email address
I. Customer Case uses the email address for mapping requests and comments to the specific user account. Additionally, the app uses the email address to add new issues in Jira or post new comments to existing issues upon appearance of new requests / comments in Customer Case.
II. Customer Case uses the email address to notify users in the following situations:
- request submitted confirmation
- new comment added
- issue status changed
- new participant added
- account recovery
- forum access restrictions applied
III. Customer Cases uses the email address of the user when he/she comments on the issue in Jira Cloud on the Customer Case tab. The submitted comment is added as a new comment to the corresponding request in Customer Case.
IV. Customer Case uses the email address to process the incoming emails and create new requests / new comments in Customer Case itself and in Jira.
V. Customer Case uses the email address of users who submit new issues in Jira and create the corresponding requests in Customer Case with the mapping to the correct user.
The email sending/receiving occurs through Postmark (please see its GDPR terms). Customer Case passes the email address to Postmark API which further initiates the email sending to addressees. The incoming emails are processed by Postmark too. The user sends an email to the mailbox (of the forum), Postmark fetches the content of email and the sender's email address. Then it triggers a webhook and passes an email address to Customer Case. This email address is further used for mapping requests/comments in Customer Case to Jira entities (issues/comments).
Storing email addresses
The app stores email addresses in the encrypted AWS RDS database instance. The app uses this value (email address) for the correct mapping requests / comments in Customer Case and Jira Cloud.
StiltSoft company may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas.
StiltSoft company may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address fetched from your social account profile or by placing a prominent notice on our site.