Need help with Atlassian products? Order the professional consulting services from us. Get a free consultation right now!
Before you start
You should define what statuses you need to use for your tasks and other activities. A status set can include one or multiple statuses used for indication of progress on tasks. So, you can ask your Confluence Administrator to create a global status set and fill it with required statuses or create your own status set or a set for a particular space. You can also copy any global set created by Confluence Administrator and modify it as you need. Each status set includes its own statuses. You can create as many status sets as you need.
Now you can insert a Handy Status macro and interactively switch between statuses of the selected status set.
Creating or editing a personal status set
- To create a personal status set navitage to Profile > Settings > Handy Macros Settings
- Create or edit a required personal status set (see details here).
Creating or editing a space status set
This feature is available starting from Handy Macros 3.0.0.
- To create a status set for a particular space navitage to Space tools > App > Handy Macros
- Create or edit a required space status set (see details here).
Creating Handy Status
- Insert the Handy Status macro on the page.
- Select the proper status set and status.
- Click Insert.
- Click the status when viewing page. All the statuses from the selected status set will be shown.
- Select a new status.
You also can change the status set and the status from the edit mode. Status set can be changed only in the page edit mode.
Copying a status set
Any global status set can be copied as a personal status set. You'll receive a fully independent status set, so if your Confluence Administrator edits it you will not get any changes in your copy. Click Edit, then click a status from the set what you want to copy and finally click the "+" button.
Linking statuses to page labels
Each status macro can be linked to the page label. Label will be updated every time you switch the status. You can use prefixes for labels.
You can view the latest changes for each particular status by hovering over the status.
The Handy Status macro also uses the default Confluence page revisions scheme to save the changes. Every time you change the status a new revision of the page is created. All changes can be viewed in the page history.
Searching for statuses through the pages
Now you can search for specific statuses on Confluence pages by status name. This feature works both with native statuses and Handy Statuses.
Add the Status filter and specify the status to look up for pages that contain this status.
All watchers of the page will get automatic email notifications about status changes.
Using Handy Status hotkey
You can quickly add the Handy Status macro to the page by using the hotkey. Press Ctrl+Alt+S combination when editing the page.
You can disable this feature if you do not need it in your Confluence.
To disable this feature:
- Navigate to Confluence administration > Atlassian Marketplace > Manage add-ons, then choose Handy Macros.
- Expand the list of add-on modules.
- Disable the Insert Handy Status Hotkey module.