This feature is available starting from the Handy Macros for Confluence 1.3.0.
About the feature
Task tracking in Confluence can be more informative if you know when exactly your tasks were changed or completed. You can quickly write down when you released a new software version or when you sent a contract to your customer with the simple Handy Timestamp macro.
Inserting Handy Timestamp
- Insert the Handy Timestamp macro on the page.
- Select the proper date and time format or enter it manually.
- Select what the date and time to display:
- Inserting the macro: when the Handy Timestamp macro is added to the page, the current timestamp
- Publishing the page: when the page was published the first time
- The last page update: when the page was last modified
- Click Insert.
Supported date formats
Use the following symbols for configuring custom date and time formats:
d - day of month (no leading zero)
|dd - day of month (two digits)||01|
|M - month of year (no leading zero)||1|
|MM - month of year (two digits)||01|
MMM - month name short
|MMMM - month name long||January|
|yy - year (two digits)||19|
|yyyy - year (four digits)||2019|
|HH - hour in day (1-24)||14|
|hh - hour in am/pm (1-12)||02|
|mm - minute||01|
|ss - second||01|
Using Handy Timestamp hotkey
You can quickly add the Handy Timestamp macro to the page by using the key combination. Press Ctrl+Alt+T combination when editing the page.
You can disable this feature if you do not need it in your Confluence.
To disable this feature:
- Navigate to Confluence administration > Atlassian Marketplace > Manage add-ons, then choose Handy Macros.
- Expand the list of add-on modules.
- Disable the Insert Handy Timestamp Hotkey module.