Tell us how you use Jira Service Desk and get a Starbucks gift card for this! Share your experience to help us design a new solution for efficient communication with customers!
About the macro
Handy Tip is a simple tool for adding pop-up tooltips to text, images or emoticons. The macro helps to shorten the length of texts and at the same time makes additional information noticeable.
Adding Handy Tip
- Switch Confluence page to the edit mode.
- Highlight text, image or emoticon you want to add a tip to.
- On the editor pane, click Insert more content
- Insert Handy Tip macro:
- Enter text, links, images, etc. in the Handy Tip macro body that appears below the content after adding the macro.
- Save the page. The tip appears when hovering over the linked content:
You can place the Handy Tip macro body anywhere within the page. Selected content is wrapped with a unique link, for example, #handytip-123, that references the Handy Tip macro with corresponding ID parameter:
- You can easily find the macro body on the page by clicking Go to contents button:
- You can easily find the wrapped content on the page by clicking Go to link button: