Tell us how you use Jira Service Desk and get a Starbucks gift card for this! Share your experience to help us design a new solution for efficient communication with customers!
New in this release
Right-hand sidebar with issue description and comments.
Adding and editing issue description.
Viewing issue comments on the sidebar.
- Editing issue summary on the sidebar.
Fixed in this release
- Bug occurred when using keyboard shortcuts while creating an issue and not having permission to assign it. It caused the drop-down list with options being displayed in the wrong place.
Right-hand sidebar with issue description and comments
Before, the list of issues in Plain Tasks included comments, which were sometimes overloading it. For your lists to look more compact and easier to work with, comments are now displayed on the right-hand sidebar together with the field for adding a new comment and issue description.
To view the description and comments of a specific issue, select this issue.
Adding and editing issue description
Before you couldn't add description to an issue while creating it in Plain Tasks. Now it's possible. To specify issue description:
- click in the field you are using for creating issues
- type issue description
- click 'Create' (press 'Ctrl+Enter') to create an issue or go back to editing issue summary, adding other issue details
To view or edit the description of your JIRA issue:
- select the corresponding issue
- its description will be displayed on the sidebar
- to edit it, click the description text
- make your changes
- press Ctrl+Enter
Viewing issue comments on the sidebar
Issue comments are now displayed on the right-hand sidebar. To add a new comment to a specific issue,
if you are viewing the details of the issue:
- type your comment in the Add Comment field below the issue description
- press 'Ctrl+Enter'
if you are browsing the list of issues:
- hover your mouse over an issue
- you'll see in the end of the issue summary
- click it and issue details will be displayed on the sidebar with your cursor in the Add Comment field
- type your comment and press 'Ctrl+Enter'
Editing issue summary on the sidebar
Before, to edit issue summary, you needed to click its text in the list of issues. Now when you click an issue, it's being selected and its summary, description and comments are shown on the sidebar. To edit issue summary:
- select the issue, which summary you want to edit
- you'll see its details on the right-hand sidebar
- click the summary text on the sidebar
- make changes
- press Enter