1. How do I install this add-on?
2. How does the plugin filter the data in tables?
When table cells are compared, all leading/trailing spaces are not taken into consideration, multiple spaces are handled as one space, images and fonts are also ignored.
3. Can I use the plugin for a table with merged cells?
Yes, you can.
4. Can I filter an already existing table?
Yes. Paste it inside the Table Filter macro in the Edit mode.
5. Can I use the filter for a table generated by another macro?
Yes. If you experience any problems with that, let us know.
6. How can I export a unfiltered table to PDF/Word?
- Click the Disable all filters icon. For details, see the how to disable filters section.
- From the Tools menu, select Export to PDF or Export to Word.
7. How are values sorted in drop-down lists?
In ascending order (A-Z then 0-9).
8. Is it possible to change the sorting order in drop-down lists?
9. Can I specify several values for one drop-down filter?
10. Can I use regular expressions in the user filter?
11. Can I filter only empty values in the table?
Yes, you can. In the filter box for the appropriate column, select '-Empty-'. The add-on will output only the empty cells.
12. How can I get help?
Please send us your Confluence, plugin and browser versions, the HTML code of the page (in Internet Explorer - File -> Save as...-> Webpage, complete ) and its storage format (login as Administrator and go to Tools - View Storage Format ). Screen shots also would help to understand the problem.
13. Supported date formats
You can specify the date format as a string value. See the next table for details:
d - day of month (no leading zero)
|dd - day of month (two digits)|
|w - week of year (no leading zero)|
|ww - week of year (two digits)|
|m - month of year (no leading zero)|
|mm - month of year (two digits)|
M - month name short
|MM - month name long|
|y - year (two digits)|
|yy - year (four digits)|
|Qi - quarter (Q+digit)|
|hh - hour (two digits)|
|mm - minute (two digits)|
|ss - second (two digits)|
o - day of the year (no leading zeros)
|oo - day of the year (three digit)|
If you use the string value for setting the date format, you can combine and customize them to your needs, as follows:
- mm/dd/yy - 12/31/2014 or 05/07/2015
- m/d/yy - 5/7/2015
- dd M, yy - 15 Jun, 2015
- dd MM, yy - 27 August, 2015
- mm-dd-yy - 12-31-2015 and others.
- yy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss - 2017-12-20 10:27:30
- yy Qi - 2018 Q1
You can also enter the dynamic time intervals that will automatically update the filtered results. For the details, see here.
14. How to disable filtration in the page edit mode in Confluence 6.0+?
Confluence 6.0 comes with the collaborative editing feature which also affects table filtration in the page edit mode. You and your colleagues get a capability to filter the same table simultaneously, which in most cases can be a real issue as you can lose your filtration results.
Here you have the following solutions:
- You can disable the collaborative editing. So you will be able to filter table data as prior to release of Confluence 6.0.
- You can disable filtration in the page edit mode. In the add-on resources you need to disable Table Filter Editor Resources package.
15. Why do macros process my worklog values incorrectly?
You may encounter problems with the processing of worklog values when you are using languages different from English. You need to configure the worklog settings and set the appropriate shortenings for time units.