Start with Talk Inline Comments in View mode
- Select a word, phrase,or sentence and click the talk icon in the pop-up panel
or, point to the appropriate place on your page, until the Talkicon appears and click it.
Make sure that adding discussions is enabled in the Talk settings.
2. Enter your comment and click Save.
If you are adding a talk to a text fragment, the Talk icon will be inserted after the last symbol of the selected fragment.
To mention a Confluence user in a comment, press @ and type their name.
To insert links to other Confluence pages in a comment, press [ and type a page name or paste a page URL to a comment.
Instead of clicking Save, you can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Enter.
3. After saving the talk, you will see it to the right side of your page contents.
Talk icons contain figures that indicate the total number of comments in Talk discussions.
The Talk settings button that is located on the top on a Confluence page shows the number of Talk discussions on a page.
If there's no figure, it means that currently there are no Talk discussions on this page.
4. When you want to reply to the talk, select it. The talk is highlighted yellow. Enter your reply into the text field and click Reply to post it. Icon of the talk, which you selected, also becomes highlighted, so you can easily track which element the talk is mapped to.
When you are having a discussion with someone using Talk, it is being updated in real time. And you can see new comments in this discussion right away.
5. The talk is displayed on the page until the moment you decide to resolve it. In the top right corner of the talk, locate the Resolve button and click it. Confirm your choice. The talk will be no longer displayed on the page.
Start with Talk Suggestions in View mode
In addition to inline comments, you can use Suggestions – suggest changes on a page and let page owners decide whether to accept them. Accepted changes are automatically applied (no need to edit the page). While rejected suggestions disappear and can be tracked in page history.
To add a suggestion while viewing a page:
- Select the text you want to suggest to change.
- Type your suggestion in the input and Save.
- Your suggestion will be shown on the sidebar – both while viewing and editing the page.
You can comment on your suggestion, e.g. to explain why you think this change should be made.
Talk - Inline Comments for Confluence 2.0 allows you to collapse or expand the sidebar with added talks. This is convenient when you need to hide all excess elements from the page and view the clean page.
You can collapse or expand the sidebar with talks in three ways:
- Click the button ( or ) located to the right side of your talk discussions.
- Deselect or select the Show comment sidebar option.
- Press the hotkey ] (square bracket).
Additionally, you can click the appropriate talk on the page and the sidebar will automatically expand if it was collapsed.