We collect the e-mail addresses and names of those who sign in to forums with their accounts on social networks (Facebook and Google+). Additionally, Customer Case hashes the entered passwords and stores their hashes in the database. This data is volunteered by the consumer during signup to the forum. The information we collect is used to identify users and their ideas added on different forums. This data is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services the consumers have requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
Information Gathering and Usage
- When you sign up in to Customer Case we ask for your account details on social networks such as your email address, which is used for fetching user's name and unique identifier on social network (Facebook or Google+).
- When you sign up to Customer Case we ask you for email address, your full name and desired password for your account in Customer Case. This information is further used for user identification on the feedback forums and mapping ideas to a specific user.
- The system also collects data about all ideas, votes and comments added by users. This data can be viewed by all users on feedback forums of one vendor .
- The system collects email address and information about ideas that users selected for watching. Each user can view his/her own email address and idea watches in the user's profile. This information is not exposed anyhow to other users or third parties.
- Customer Case uses collected information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, services improvement, and notification delivery.
Customer Case stores hashes of user passwords in the database. We use the adaptive function that increases the iteration count therefore it remains resistant to brute-force search attacks even when using the powerful computing systems.
- A cookie is a small piece of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- Cookies are required to use the Customer Case service.