Tell us how you use Jira Service Desk and get a Starbucks gift card for this! Share your experience to help us design a new solution for efficient communication with customers!
- Postmark - this service is used for sending emails with notifications of mail boxes of visitors and users of feedback forums.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) - this service is used to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the add-on and store all the related data. Although StiltSoft company owns the code, databases, and all rights to the Customer Case add-on, you retain all rights to your data. StitlSoft company has access to data storages but can only use it in the emergency cases, such as data verification after the abrupt system failures or component malfunctions. In the rest of situations, StiltSoft company preserves this data encrypted so no third party or malefactor can access it and use it for their own purposes.
Email address processing
Fetching email address
Customer Case uses the email address as a base for creating a user account and mapping requests / comments to the specific user.
Customer Case can get your email address in the following situations:
- during account creation (when you create an account or choose login with a social or Jira account). Customer Case fetches your email address and use it for account creation.
- during forum creation (when the administrator selects a Jira project for using as a base for the forum). Customer Case fetches email addresses of users who are Reporters of issues in the selected Jira project.
- during processing incoming emails sent to the forum mailbox. Customer Case uses the email addresses from the incoming emails for creating requests / comments in Customer Case and their further adding into Jira (as new issues / comments).
If the email address fetched from the incoming email is already mapped to the user account, Customer Case does not execute additional operations on it.
Using email address
I. Customer Case uses the email address for mapping requests and comments to the specific user account. Additionally, the app uses the email address to add new issues in Jira or post new comments to existing issues upon appearance of new requests / comments in Customer Case.
II. Customer Case uses the email address to notify users in the following situations:
- request submitted confirmation
- new comment added
- issue status changed
- new participant added
- account recovery
- forum access restrictions applied
III. Customer Cases uses the email address of the user when he/she comments on the issue in Jira Cloud on the Customer Case tab. The submitted comment is added as a new comment to the corresponding request in Customer Case.
IV. Customer Case uses the email address to process the incoming emails and create new requests / new comments in Customer Case itself and in Jira.
V. Customer Case uses the email address of users who submit new issues in Jira and create the corresponding requests in Customer Case with the mapping to the correct user.
The email sending/receiving occurs through Postmark (please see its GDPR terms). Customer Case passes the email address to Postmark API which further initiates the email sending to addressees. The incoming emails are processed by Postmark too. The user sends an email to the mailbox (of the forum), Postmark fetches the content of email and the sender's email address. Then it triggers a webhook and passes an email address to Customer Case. This email address is further used for mapping requests/comments in Customer Case to Jira entities (issues/comments).
Storing email addresses
The app stores email addresses in the encrypted AWS RDS database instance. The app uses this value (email address) for the correct mapping requests / comments in Customer Case and Jira Cloud.
StiltSoft company may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas.