- Idea Summary
- Number of votes
- Number of comments
- Author of the idea
- Time of idea submission
- Status of idea / ticket
For each listed ticket, the following information is displayed:
- Ticket Summary
- Number of comments
- Author of the ticket
- Time of ticket submission
Sorting and Filtering Ideas/Tickets
Select the appropriate parameter to sort out the list of ideas or tickets.
Customer Case remembers the state of the Assigned to me filtering option for the whole customer portal.
You can filter ideas and tickets by the following criteria:
- Status - ideas or tickets are filtered by the current status. You can filter only requests by one statusor by multiple statuses at once.
- Category - ideas or tickets are filtered by the category. Any idea may be You can filter requests by one or by multiple categories at once. If a request is associated with multiple categories, but filtration is performed by one category. Ideas with multiple categories will be filtered according to the selected categoryit will appear in the filtration results once you select any of the categories which this request relates to.
Above the list with ideas or tickets, select the criterion to filter itemscriteria for filtration. You can combine the Status and Category filters for more precise results.
- Statuses of ideas / tickets are determined by JIRA workflow configured for the particular project. For the details, refer to What is Workflow.
- Categories of ideas / tickets are determined from JIRA components. For the details. refer to Defining a Component.
Working with Ideas and Tickets
The add-on adds a separate section Customer Portal for viewing customers' comments for particular ideas or tickets and replying to them from JIRA.
The agent can post or edit comments (both own and users'). All the comments posted through the Customer Portal tab will be shown to customers when they open the corresponding idea. When the agent starts progress on the issue or resolves it, the corresponding status is shown to customers in Customer Case. Optionally, the agent can attach one or multiple attachments to the comment, these attachments will be visible in Customer Case too.
The Official answer section shows the comment pinned to the top of the comment list. The official answer may contain the official resolution on the idea or description of the temporary workaround.
The Customer Portal block shows the author of idea, the number of votes and the public URL, which the current idea is available at. For the ticket, only the author and the public URL is shown. The agent can immediately proceed to the customer's area of Customer Case portal for viewing idea or ticket details by clicking the Public URL link.
A JIRA agent who first comments on the newly submitted ticket becomes the assignee of this ticket automatically.
Pinning the Comment to the Top
This functionality is only available for feedback forums.
Sometimes you may find it necessary to pin some comment to the top of the comment list, so everyone who opens this idea can view the comment with actual information about it. It may be an official response from your team or description of the solution or workaround that may help.
You can pin only one comment to the top of the list. If there is a comment already pinned to the top, you can either unpin it or pin another comment that will replace the current one. You can pin comments of JIRA agents and customers.
- Open the idea.
- Switch to the Customer Portal tab.
- Locate the comment you want to pin to the top of the list.
- Click Pin to top.
- Confirm the performed operation.
- Once the comment has pinned to the top, the Official answer section appears above the list with comments..
- To unpin the comment, click Unpin.
Searching for Ideas using JQL