In order to prevent exhaustion of the rate-limits during the initial indexing, the lines of code statistics are disabled by default. If you would like to see lines of code, please follow the instructions.
In the Contributors tab of the Graphs page, you can analyze trends and compare the input from different people in terms of commits and lines of code. The data displayed includes:
- Summary Graph representing the number of total contributions (commits/additions/deletions) made to the repository over a specific period grouped by day/week/month.
- Contributors cards with their:
- personal contribution graphs (small graphs below the summary graph) representing their individual contributions filtered according to the current summary graph settings (contribution type, time span, or by day/week/month)
- total of commits
- total of lines of code added
- total of lines of code deleted by a contributor
Below on the page, you'll find:
- instructions on how to view the Contributors graph for repositories
- a detailed description of all elements
- an overview of the filtering capabilities
For easier navigation, use the Table of Contents at the top-right of the page.
How to view the Contributors graph
To view the project Contributors graph:
- Navigate to the workspace or repository of your choice.
- Click Graphs on the left-hand sidebar.
- Select the Contributors page in the Graphs tab.
Tools to analyze the contributions
You can track the changes made to the codebase over time in the Summary Graph and find the top contributors quickly using the Contributors cards.
Summary Graph displays the number of total contributions in terms of commits, lines of code added and deleted in a project or a repository over a specific period grouped by day/week/month.
To choose what activity (commits, additions, or deletions) to display in the summary graph navigate to the Show menu and select one of the options from the drop-down list.
By default, all files except binaries are counted in lines of code statistics (Additions, Deletions). It is possible to exclude files and directories from statistics. Learn more
To display contributions grouped by whether day, week, or month, click one of the Display in buttons.
The contributors are ordered by the value specified in the Show menu. For example, if Commits is chosen, contributors are ordered by the number of commits they made in the repository.
Here, contributors' names can be text or links. If it's text, that means that the contributor is not a Bitbucket user. For Bitbucket users, contributors' names are links to their Contributions graph in their user profile. The Contributions graph is available only in the paid version of the Awesome Graphs app.
Filtering the displayed data
You can filter all the information displayed in the Contributors tab by certain contributors and by the period.
Track the contributions over a certain period
To select a time span for personal contribution graphs, go to the Summary Graph, click near the start point of your time span and drag to the end point. Once selected, your time span can be adjusted by moving the selection or dragging start or end points. To deselect, click anywhere outside the selected area in the graph.