See the next sections for details:
|Table of Contents|
Viewing the Listing of Ideas or Tickets
To view the list of submitted ideas or tickets, follow these steps:
- Ticket Summary
- Number of comments
- Author of the ticket
- Time of ticket submission
Sorting and Filtering Ideas/Tickets
You can sort ideas in the following way:
- Statuses of ideas / tickets are determined by Jira workflow configured for the particular project. For the details, refer to What is Workflow.
- Categories of ideas / tickets are determined from Jira components. For the details. refer to Defining a Component.
Working with Ideas and Tickets
Jira issue panel
By clicking the idea or ticket title, you will be redirected to the standard page for viewing details of the idea or ticket.
Once you press the Customer Portal tab you will see the author of the idea, the number of votes, and the public URL, which the current idea is available at. For the support request, only the author and the public URL are shown. The agent can immediately proceed to Customer Case portal for viewing idea or ticket details by clicking the Public URL link.
Jira issue tab
The agent can post or edit comments (both own and users'). All the comments posted through the Customer Portal tab will be shown to customers when they open the corresponding idea. When the agent starts progress on the issue or resolves it, the corresponding status is shown to customers in Customer Case. Optionally, the agent can attach one or multiple attachments to the comment, these attachments will be visible in Customer Case too.
The Сomments tab is used for internal correspondence. The comments and attachments that you add to this tab will not be visible on the Customer Case portal.
Pinning the Comment to the Top
This functionality is only available for feedback forums.
- Open the idea.
- Switch to the Customer Portal tab.
- Locate the comment you want to pin to the top of the list.
- Click Pin to top.
- Confirm the performed operation.
- Once the comment has been pinned to the top, the Official answer section appears above the list with comments.
- To unpin the comment, click Unpin.
Searching for Ideas using JQL
The app provides a set of issue properties searchable using JQL
To learn more about JQL view this Search Jira like a boss with JQL guide.
Outputting the Gadget with Ideas to the Dashboard
- Add a Recently Created Chart gadget to your dashboard.
- Select the filter containing the JQL query.
- Select the period for showing the chart.
- Define the refresh interval for the gadget.
- Click Save.