Management of status-specific restrictions is available since Smart Attachments for Jira 2.10.0.
Status-specific restrictions allow you to define the read and read-write restrictions to categories when the issue is in a specific status. This way, you can regulate access to categories and lock files from editing for specific users, user groups, and project roles.
Status-specific restrictions are merged with the access restrictions configured in the category scheme. You need to consider this while configuring them.
Actions available for read and read & write restrictions
Read & write restrictions
(in addition to actions available in the read mode)
Setting up status-specific restrictions
Before you proceed to configure the status-specific restrictions, you need to perform one of the actions below in advance:
- create a category scheme from scratch
- assign the existing category scheme to the project.
After doing this, you can proceed to set up status-specific restrictions.
- Open the project in which you want to set up status-specific restrictions.
- On the sidebar, select Project settings.
- Locate the Smart Attachments and click Status-specific restrictions.
- Click Actions, then select Edit configuration.
- Configure the status-specific restrictions as follows:
- Attachments category - select one or multiple categories to which status-specific restrictions are applied.
- Issue types - select issue types which status-specific restrictions will be activated for.
- Statuses - select statuses in which restrictions are applied.
- Access restrictions - select users, user groups, and project roles for read and read & write restrictions.
- When completed, click Add.
- Click Update.