Agent is an employee who manages ideas and tickets, replies to customers and updates status of the requested ideas and support tickets.
- Idea is a feature request from your customers or users of your products and services. An idea usually contains description of a new feature or improvement that the user wants to have. Ideas are collected on feedback forums.
- Ticket is an issue report from your customers or users of your products and services. A ticket usually contains description of some issue that the user encountered while using your product or service. Supports tickets are submitted on support forums.
See the next sections for information on how to work with Customer Case:
Managing Ideas and Tickets
Agents deal with ideas and issue reports while working in JIRA Cloud. Customer Case add-on adds the dedicated tab for viewing all the added ideas or support tickets depending on the forum type.
Viewing the Listing of Ideas or Tickets
To view the list of submitted ideas or tickets, follow these steps:
- Open the appropriate project.
- On the right sidebar, select Add-ons.
- From the prompted list, select Customer Case.
- The list of ideas or tickets (depending on the forum type) will be displayed to you.
The Customer Case list item is shown only for the projects that are being used as feedback or support forums. For the details on how to create a forum, refer to the Adding New Forums section.
The view of the lists with ideas and tickets differs a bit.
For each listed idea, the following information is displayed:
- Idea Summary
- Number of votes
- Number of comments
- Author of the idea
- Time of idea submission
For each listed ticket, the following information is displayed:
- Ticket Summary
- Number of comments
- Author of the ticket
- Time of ticket submission
Sorting and Filtering Ideas/Tickets
You can sort ideas in the following way:
- Hot Ideas - ideas are sorted by the recent updates (idea status change or new comments).
- Top - ideas are sorted by the number of votes.
- New - ideas are sorted by the creation date.
You can sort tickets in the following way:
- Recently updated - tickets are sorted by the recent updates (ticket status change or new comments).
- New - tickets are sorted by the creation date.
Select the appropriate parameter to sort out the list of ideas or tickets.
You can filter ideas and tickets by the following criteria:
- Status - ideas or tickets are filtered by the current status. You can filter only by one status.
- Category - ideas or tickets are filtered by the category. Any idea may be associated with multiple categories, but filtration is performed by one category. Ideas with multiple categories will be filtered according to the selected category.
Above the list with ideas or tickets, select the criterion to filter items. You can combine the Status and Category filters for more precise results.
Working with Ideas and Tickets
By clicking the idea or ticket title, you will be redirected to the standard page for viewing details of the idea or ticket.
The add-on adds a separate section Customer Portal for viewing customers' comments for particular ideas or tickets and replying to them from JIRA.
The agent can post or edit comments (both own and users'). All the comments posted through the Customer Portal tab will be shown to customers when they open the corresponding idea. When the agent starts progress on the issue or resolves it, the corresponding status is shown to customers in Customer Case. Optionally, the agent can attach one or multiple attachments to the comment, these attachments will be visible in Customer Case too.
The Customer Portal block shows the author of idea, the number of votes and the public URL, which the current idea is available at. For the ticket, only the author and the public URL is shown. The agent can immediately proceed to the customer's area of Customer Case portal for viewing idea or ticket details by clicking the Public URL link.
All the attachments uploaded through JIRA will not be visible in Customer Case. Only the files attached to the comments on the Customer Portal tab are visible in Customer Case.
Searching for Ideas using JQL
The add-on has a special JQL query for searching for ideas with votes.
Once you have created the JQL query, you can save it as a filter
Outputting the Gadget with Ideas to the Dashboard
- Add a gadget to your dashboard.
- Select the filter containing the JQL query.
- Select the period for showing the chart.
- Define the refresh interval for the gadget.
- Click Save.
Logging in to Forums
JIRA agents can log in to feedback forums with their JIRA account.
- Click Sign in with JIRA.
- In the opened form, enter your username and password in JIRA.
- Click Sign in.
Viewing and Commenting Ideas or Tickets in Customer Case
JIRA agents can instantly proceed to JIRA when viewing a particular idea or ticket on the forum.
- Open the feedback forum
- Locate and open the appropriate idea or ticket.
- To comment an idea or ticket, enter your comment into the dedicated text area and click Post comment.
- To attach one or multiple files to your comment, click Add attachment .
- To view the idea or ticket in JIRA, click View in JIRA. You will transition to JIRA.
Editing Ideas and Comments in Customer Case
Agents with JIRA accounts can edit description of all posted ideas, tickets and comments.
- Open the idea or ticket or locate the appropriate comment.
- Click the Edit link.
- Update the idea or ticket description or comment.
- Click Save.
Agents can also edit comments and description of ideas and tickets while viewing them in JIRA Cloud.