Customer Case allows you to map this service with all the created forums to the custom domain name (fully qualified domain name).
Setting a custom domain will point your feedback portal to the domain name under your control, instead of using the default domain of Customer Case. Configuration of the custom domain name requires the following:
- update of CNAME record
- entry of a custom domain name in JIRA
- Before setting the custom domain name to Customer Case, ensure that this domain name is not occupied by any other resource of yours.
- Ensure that the appropriate domain name has been created before you start mapping Customer Case to it.
- Consider that propagation of a new domain name may take up to 48 hours, and within this period of time Customer Case with all forums may be inaccessible in some regions.
- Any modifications with custom domain name will lead to propagation of the updated domain name. If removing a custom domain name, the default domain name will be set.
Updating CNAME record
Update your DNS to redirect the chosen aliased URL (e.g.:
customercase.comusing a CNAME record.
Ensure that you have correctly specified your subdomain mapping to Customer Case. The record should look like:
feedback 14400 IN CNAME customercase.comCODE
Each registrar has its own method of adding CNAME records. It may take several hours for your DNS changes to take effect.
Setting Custom Domain Name
Contact our team to initiate the process of custom domain issuing. Please, mention the preferable domain name in the request description.
Updating Custom Domain Name
- Enter the new custom domain name.
- Click Update.
By default, a custom domain does not support HTTPS. To make your custom domain secure we need to issue a TLS/SSL certificate for your domain.
All our infrastructure is hosted in AWS, so we are using public AWS SSL certificates for this purpose (they are free and can be used only inside AWS infrastructure). This process is not yet automated and requires some actions from both sides to confirm the domain ownership to issue a certificate by AWS.
There are two options to approve a certificate issuing:
The validation via email is the simplest option to get started with. However, it requires you to approve a certificate renewal every 13 months. Therefore, we recommend using the DNS validation option. You can refer AWS ACM documentation for more information about the process of issuing certificates.
To enable HTTPS to your portal contact us.
Removing Custom Domain Name
After removing the custom domain, the default domain name will be applied.