Agents deal with ideas and tickets while working in Customer Case. Here they can browse the available forums, view and comment the submitted ideas or tickets.
See the next sections for details:
Logging in to Forums
JIRA agents can log in to feedback forums with their JIRA account.
- Click Sign in with JIRA.
- In the opened form, enter your username and password in JIRA.
- Click Sign in.
If you use different authentication options to log in to Customer Case, please consider the following:
- Customer Case will automatically assign the Employee status to you, once you log in to the customer portal of your company with your JIRA account. This situation may occur If you used other authentication options, such as a personal or social account, for sign-in to Customer Case prior to the first authorization with your JIRA credentials.This is valid only when your JIRA and social accounts share the same email address.
- Nothing will happen if your JIRA account and your social accounts are mapped to different email addresses. Depending on the authentication option, you will be treated by Customer Case as different users
Viewing and Commenting Ideas or Tickets in Customer Case
JIRA agents can instantly proceed to JIRA when viewing a particular idea or ticket on the forum.
- Open the feedback forum
- Locate and open the appropriate idea or ticket.
- To comment an idea or ticket, enter your comment into the dedicated text area and click Post comment.
- To attach one or multiple files to your comment, click Add attachment .
- To view the idea or ticket in JIRA, click View in JIRA. You will transition to JIRA.
Customer Case allows you to add participants for the submitted feature and support requests. On support forums both the author of the request and support agents can add participants to the existing requests, on feedback forums only support agents can do this.
All the added participants receive a notification with the information about the person who added them as participants and the request information. If the person does not have an account in Customer Case, he or she will be prompted to sign up to the service. When adding participants on forums with access restrictions, Customer Case validates whether the email of the participant satisfies the defined access restrictions of the forum or not. If not, the notification is sent to the specified email address but the corresponded warning is displayed to the person who adds participants.
Now the users can view all the support requests that they submitted and the requests which they were added as participants into.
- In the right part of the screen, locate the Add participants link and click it.
- Enter the email address of a person you want to add as a participant. Customer Case will automatically convert the specified string into the email address once you press the Space, Enter, or , (Comma) button.
- Click Add once complete.
Pinning the Comment to the Top
This functionality is only available for feedback forums.
Sometimes you may find it necessary to pin some comment to the top of the comment list, so everyone who opens this idea can view the comment with actual information about it. It may be an official response from your team or description of the solution or workaround that may help.
You can pin only one comment to the top of the list. If there is a comment already pinned to the top, you can either unpin it or pin another comment that will replace the current one. You can pin comments of JIRA agents and customers.
- Open the idea.
- Locate the comment you want to pin to the top of the list.
- Click Pin to top.
- Confirm the action.
- The Official answer section with the comment appears.
- To unpin the comment, click Unpin.
If the thread of comments is too long, but you need to locate where the pinned comment was posted you can view the comment in its original context. Click View original context.
Editing Ideas and Comments in Customer Case
Agents with JIRA accounts can edit description of all posted ideas, tickets and comments.
- Open the idea or ticket or locate the appropriate comment.
- Click the Edit link.
- Update the idea or ticket description or comment.
- Click Save.
Agents can also edit comments and description of ideas and tickets while viewing them in JIRA Cloud.